Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Fever!

Are you feeling it too? OK, well maybe it's more like summer fever for me. Either way I'm ready to shake off the icicles from (a rather mild) winter. I don't really care much for the cold weather, even with living in Utah my whole life. I am looking forward to running around in shorts and flip-flops again.

I think Thursday was the first actual warm day I can remember in forever and I just had to celebrate. Now, if any of you know me at all (this is Andrew BTW) you know of my affinity for "grilling out." So with the 70+ degree weather I took to the grill to try out a new recipe.


This recipe came from my favorite blog EVER! Yes, guys check out blogs too. Anyway, Chelsey and I wanted to try this taco chicken recipe from their cookbook. Sorry about all the links; just trying to make it easy for you all to become awesome chefs without even trying. This chicken is super versatile; it can be used in so many different recipes, if you want to make a bunch and refrigerate the rest for a meal later in the week.

To be completely honest, Chelsey did most of the work here, so credit goes to her. She made the marinade for the chicken, prepped some asparagus with olive oil, course salt and pepper and started some Cafe Rio rice in the rice cooker. She will have to post the recipe for the rice some time; it's pretty fantastic.


You know, now that I'm writing this, I realize how little I had to do with this meal. I took some pictures (because I was excited) and stood around the fire like a caveman. Ooga-booga! Everything turned out great though, which is part of the reason I wanted to share this with you guys.

Going back to my original thought, I am very excited for the warmer weather because I know that means more outdoor time, more sunshine, less clothes. But more than just that, I look forward to spending more time with all of our friends,family and loved ones. Bon app├ętit!


Don't forget to leave a comment below. What's your favorite grill meal? What are most excited for with spring/ summer? Whatever... just show some love.

2 comments:

  1. THAT looks like my favorite grill meal--and since summer means lots of time with friends, I'd be MORE than happy to come eat it with you :)

    ReplyDelete