Saturday, February 11, 2012

Undesired Association

I know some of you may say I'm crazy because I've said the same thing about people who have done exactly what I'm going to do.  I've decided to allow Carley in the room as I deliver her little sister.  I think it will be a positive experience for her, truly I do.  She is aware that there will be some blood and she knows where the baby is going to come out of.  She's actually quite excited, saying, "After I get married in the temple, I'm going to have a baby in my tummy!"  (We've made it a point to include the temple detail whenever we talk about her getting married.)

Today, I was watching a live birth on the computer.  Carley crawled up on my lap and wanted to watch it with me.  We've watched these things before, so I figured it wouldn't phase her.  As the baby was crowning, the blood started to come.  She suddenly tensed up and exclaimed, "I don't want to get married in the temple!...I don't want to have a baby!"  We just had to laugh.  I hope she doesn't always associate bloody, painful childbirth with temple marriage now.  I gotta be honest...when I decided to add that little detail, I didn't see it going that way.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, that's so funny and birth control working at such a young age. I've never heard of what you are doing, but I think it's a neat family experience. I can't wait to hear about it later. Congrats again on the baby.

    ReplyDelete